Installing Networking for
This is given as a short help to novice
users who are not familiar with the TCP/IP protocol, but who
have some experience of Windows installations.
Ethernet for LAN
If you do not have the networking portion
installed on your Windows system, you first need to install the
Ethernet adapter. This is depending on your card type and we
cannot give specific instructions here.
Then follow these steps to install the
- In the Control Panel, double click the
- On the Configuration tab, click Add.
- Select Protocol, and click Add.
- Under the Select Network Protocol,
highlight Microsoft under the Manufacturers and then
highlight TCP/IP. Click OK.
PPP for modem connection
If you want to use the dial up networking
in order to dial up a camera server, follow these instructions:
- In the Control panel, double click the
- In the Configuration tab, click Add.
- In Select Network Component Type, select
Adapter and click Add.
- Under the Select Network adapters,
highlight Micosoft under manufacturers and then Dial-Up
adapters. Click OK.